You Raise Me Up, Revisited


As I was walking from class to class today in school, the lyrics of the song "You Raise Me Up" suddenly stroke me and brought me to think that it was actually a prayer of Jesus before His Crucifixion. I believe it is especially true and real in the context of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed the immortal prayer, "Yet not as I will, but as you will."

If you have watched "The Passion of the Christ," I would now like to invite you to close your eyes and place yourself in the opening scene of the movie and listen to Jesus thanked the heavenly Father:

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be.

~tJah

---
今天在校園裡換課室時,「You Raise Me Up」的歌詞突然地出現在我的腦海裡,並領著我想到這其實是耶穌在被釘十字架前的禱告。如果把情景設在客西馬尼園,就是耶穌禱出「然而,不要照我的意思,只要照你的意思」這不朽禱文的地方,這首歌便更顯得真實!

如果您看過「受難記」,我現在邀請您把眼睛閉上,並把自己放在這部電影的開幕景,且聆聽耶穌如此地向天父祈求:

當我沮喪 喔 靈魂毫無氣力
當困難臨 使我心滿重擔
那時 我安靜且靜默等候
直到你來 伴我陪我聽我

你高舉我 我得站立高山
你高舉我 我得行過驚濤
我得力 因依靠你膀臂
你高舉我 我得高越高升

~tJah

Comments

  1. I feel very comforting while reading these words you wrote down.

    Thanks God for His eternal love, patience, and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory be to God :)

    Allow me to share a verse with you:

    "A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;
    he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."
    Psalms 34:19-20

    May God alone be glorified, for He is my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the girl you like, unless you don't believe in luck... Eh... O_o;;

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks :)

    May God's will be done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment